Pope Lake Hunt Club gives to many conservation efforts such as Ducks Unlimited and the Oregon Duck Hunter association. Ducks Unlimited is the world’s leader in wetlands and waterfowl conservation. Their mission is habitat conservation. Ducks Unlimited is able to multilaterally deliver its work through a series of partnerships with private individuals, landowners, agencies, scientific communities, and other entities.
Oregon has many vitally important waterfowl habitats, as do many other states in the Pacific Flyaway. The areas Ducks Unlimited focuses on expand the spectrum from tidally influenced marshes, high-elevation lakes and arid Great Basin oases by migrating, breeding, or wintering waterfowl.
- Middle of September: (Date to be set by Oregon State Department of Fish and Wild-Life “ODFW”) Early NW Goose Season Opens
- 1st Saturday Start to make ready for upcoming duck and goose season. Brush blinds, Check decoys, and Set out Duck and Goose Decoys the day before the season opener.
- Middle of October (Date by ODFW) Start of Duck season that runs for 107 days.
- Roughly two weeks later Start of 1st North West (NW) Goose season. That runs concurrently with Duck season.
- October during the season the Saturday Lunches Start provided by members of the club. These lunches run thru the end of duck season.
- November Goose and Duck Season Continue with Saturday lunches.
- Middle of November our annual “Hunan Pearl Dinner” is A special night with members of the club and Friends at the Local Restaurant.
- 1st Saturday in December “The Pope Lake Christmas Party” With Members, Guest at the club.
- The end of January is the close of Duck Hunting in the Oregon NW Zone.
- Pick up Duck decoys and Set out Field Goose decoys for the start of 3rd NW Goose season.
- 1st Week February the Start of the 3RD N.W. Goose season. (Start using the Pit blinds) This runs till the 2nd Week in March. (Dates to be set by ODFW)
- Middle of March End of 3rd Goose Season Pick up Goose decoys and Store for new Season.
- April -May -June Take care of doing a few Summer projects to enhance duck and goose hunting and general start the Spring planting of crops.
- 3rd Saturday in June 1st Trap Shoot and BBQ at the Club All welcome with Guests
- 3rd Saturday in July 1st Trap Shoot and BBQ at the Club All welcome with Guests
- 3rd Saturday in August 1st Trap Shoot and BBQ at the Club All welcome with Guests
- September Start the cycle over.